The Top 15 Islanders of the 2010s

Today is December 31st, 2019, the final day of the 2010s. There are many things that we can associate the 2010s with: the rise of social media (including the rise and fall of Vine), the term Millenials, superhero movies, memes, and some of sports greatest failures being turned around: the Chicago Cubs winning the 2016 … Continue reading The Top 15 Islanders of the 2010s

Advertisements

12/23/19 Game of the Month Recap: Blue Jackets 3-Islanders 2

It was a game that the Islanders really should've won, but the Islanders couldn't find the back of the net on their golden opportunities and beat the Blue Jackets. What Went Wrong The Isles played well in the first 10 minutes or so of the first period.  They scored the first goal thanks to a … Continue reading 12/23/19 Game of the Month Recap: Blue Jackets 3-Islanders 2

Game of the Month: 12/23/19 Blue Jackets @ Islanders Game Preview

Tonight, the Columbus Blue Jackets are in town to take on the Islanders at the Coliseum.  The Isles will look to go into the Christmas break on a high note, after falling 6-5 to a struggling Anaheim Ducks team Saturday in a shootout. What to expect As much as the Jackets have been struggling this … Continue reading Game of the Month: 12/23/19 Blue Jackets @ Islanders Game Preview

Thank You John Tonelli, Thank You Anders Lee

Last year I was lucky enough to meet both ex-Islander John Tonelli, and current Islanders captain Anders Lee. I found myself lucky enough to ask them both a question that had been on my mind since Anders Lee stepped onto the ice wearing 27. After some brief introductions, I had asked Tonelli, “What do you … Continue reading Thank You John Tonelli, Thank You Anders Lee

The Return of Joshua Ho-Sang

It is time for previously broken relationships to be mended. If you haven't heard yet, Joshua Ho-Sang posted a photo on Instagram late Monday night with the caption "Time to play hockey", which raised many questions on social media. Will he be returning to the Islanders? Did they cut him so he could find another … Continue reading The Return of Joshua Ho-Sang

Islanders End off the Recent Road Trip with a Dominating Performance Against Florida

Last Thursday, the Islanders arrived at BB&T Center, looking to close up their three-game road trip with a win over the Florida Panthers. Prior to this trip, the Islanders traveled to Dallas and fell to the Stars, 3-1. After the game, Barry Trotz mentioned how the team put in a great amount of effort but … Continue reading Islanders End off the Recent Road Trip with a Dominating Performance Against Florida

Enjoy the Ride Islanders Fans: Islanders 3, Sabres 2 (OT)

It seems like the Islanders really enjoy putting on a show whenever they hit the ice as of late. No matter if it is the back and forth play, the near misses, or the penalties that are unfortunately drawn, fans can never just sit and enjoy an Islanders game. The previous statement can be used … Continue reading Enjoy the Ride Islanders Fans: Islanders 3, Sabres 2 (OT)

Thomas Greiss and Semyon Varlamov Foreshadowing Future

The new future in goaltending is tandems. Thomas Greiss and Semyon Varlamov are a main reason why. The old concept of where the starter plays 75% of the games and the backup gets the other 25% is dying in the NHL. The future in the NHL is split starts between goaltenders. It is challenging for … Continue reading Thomas Greiss and Semyon Varlamov Foreshadowing Future

Semyon Varlamov: A Welcomed Addition to Long Island

After Robin Lehner left the Islanders following an electric year last season, a hole was left for the Islanders. Dreams of Ilya Sorokin coming over for this season were bleak, however, Lou Lamoriello knows a thing or two about getting goalies for teams that need them. The Isles big goaltender acquisition was signing former Colorado … Continue reading Semyon Varlamov: A Welcomed Addition to Long Island

Drive 4 Five Podcast: Episode 1 with Bill Skehan

We have returned. In the age of podcasts, Drive 4 Five is back with a newly-revamped show made by the fans, for the fans called the Drive 4 Five Podcast. Hosted by Will Wiegelman, this show will feature appearances from Drive 4 Five writers and exclusive interviews with special guests. For the first episode, Will … Continue reading Drive 4 Five Podcast: Episode 1 with Bill Skehan